lessons

Sunday, January 18, 2009 ♥ 0


It seems God likes to place new challenges in my life at the start of a new year. Twelve months ago, I struggled with faith. As many of you know I had to build it up from scratch again, like a new born baby Christian. Good thing God loves child-like faith!

Now, on the first month of the new year, I struggle with priorities. This week, God taught me a number of things. I didn't realise how blind I was until yesterday, when I was at Youth, during worship. I've been struggling with an internal issue, deeply rooted within my heart. Externally, things are good, and I say this with utmost sincerity: I've never been happier. But somehow, without me knowing it, my priorities have been very subtly shifted by responsibilities and people. And because my identity is found in Jesus, when I lose focus of Him, I lose sight of who I am. It has been like this for the past couple of months. God made me realise this yesterday. "Come home running," we sang. I never thought it would hit me this hard.

No wonder God has told us in Proverbs 4:23, that "above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Lessons of the heart are often the most difficult and painful to learn. I'm really struggling. I'm in the process of learning to prioritise God again, and to rely on Him, not on man.

Even as I type this, there's a sense of peace that surrounds me, and I know it's from Above. Praise God, for He doesn't condemn, but loves with a love unconditional. Thank goodyness! :) You know, as hard as it may be, and as afraid as I am, it is a delight to be disciplined by the Lord, because His grace is sufficient for me, and His strength is made perfect in weakness. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).

Lord, carry me in Your arms of love as You teach me. I pray that during these very painful and trying times, You will comfort me, and during happy times, I'll always be reminded to praise You.

Thanks, Heavenly Daddy.
I love You. :)


xx

♥ Leave a Reply: